Sleep per Day: (Target) 7h30m / day (Actual) 7h21m / day (49 day average)
A Management Associate that joined the same year as me is leaving the company, and I thought it was a great opportunity to review what makes me happy at any job.
Because compared to any job I’ve had (albeit it being internships or short term contracts), I’m most happy with my current role in product marketing.
And I think a few things (in descending order of importance) contribute to this:
- Camaraderie with colleagues
- Above average compensation
- Below average working hours
- Line managers committed to develop me
- Assignments that stretch me
- Assignments that has a equal balance between working with clients, working with colleagues and working by myself
- Opportunities for career progression
- Opportunities for international assignments
What’s surprising to me is that none of my job satisfaction derive from any vision, which is a huge indication that I shouldn’t work for a non-profit in the future because buying into the vision alone won’t help me if none of the aforementioned non-monetary factors are present.
Which also makes me think, if I were to be a full time investor, how will I get my needs of camaraderie from?