WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- We believe those who are in a position to compound wealth are the fortunate minority in a world of poverty, hunger, disease.
- We believe as a member of the fortunate minority, it is our obligation to use our fortunate position to give back to the world and make it a better place.
- We believe one of the best ways to making the world a better place is through the power of compounding, which helps snowball our blessings to the world. This can be in the form of investing now to compound future donations, or donating now to compound future good.
- We believe that for us only, the best way to maximize the power of compounding good is our love of fundamental analysis and rationality, by quantitatively identifying what’s important, and quantitatively making and measuring our progress in terms of investing and donating.
HOW WE EXECUTE:
- We will constantly read, think and learn to compound knowledge that enables us to see the world better and generate better insights that can make the world a better place.
- We will constantly review our investment philosophies, strategies and performances to identify areas to better improve our investment returns.
- We will constantly review what we think is the most important aspects in philanthropy, how we measure success and how we can achieve the ideal success.
- If not directly involved in evaluating charities to donate to, we will constantly review the different organizations that evaluate charities to determine whether to follow their donation recommendation weightings fully, semi-full or not at all.
- We will constantly review the optimal proportion of donation to income/wealth, and the optimal investment strategy that best helps meet the target charities’ funding needs.